Memorial Day Weekend is not only the official kick-off to summer, but it’s also one of the best weekends for shopping sales. And while you can (and should) save money this weekend, be careful because not all sales are created equal. We compiled the best deals for you to cash in on and what to avoid this weekend so you can get the most bang for your buck.
What to Buy
- Mattresses: Memorial Day is one of the best times to buy a mattress if you’re in the market. You can expect to find mattress deals from stores like Mattress Firm, Walmart, American Mattress and more. To save even more at Walmart, stack your mattress sale with a discount Walmart gift card from Raise for even more savings!
- Appliances: Whether you’re in the middle of a kitchen renovation or just ready for an upgrade, Memorial Day is a great time to save upwards of 40% on home appliances. Pro tip: Use the Raise app and save on Lowe’s gift cards with Raise Pay. Enter the exact amount of your purchase and voila! You’ll earn an additional 2% back in Raise Cash to spend towards your next purchase.
- Spring Apparel: Out with the old! Since Memorial Day is the official start to summer, you can expect to see upwards of 70% off spring apparel. Oh, and don’t forget to stack your savings using discounted gift cards from your favorite retailers.
What to Not to Buy
- Swim and Summer Apparel: As summer heats up, discounts on summer apparel tend to cool down. We suggest avoiding buying summer apparel until later in June or July when you can save more money on the latest swimwear, tees, and tanks.
- Grills: Memorial Day Weekend means backyard barbeques, but the best month to buy grills is actually in September. However, if you want to fire up some burgers and hot dogs, you can find discount gift cards on Raise to save on your new grill.
- Laptops: You might think laptops would be on sale since the school year is ending, but Memorial Day Weekend is not the time to buy a laptop. We suggest waiting for retailer-specific deals throughout the year or get the best deal by waiting until Back-to-School season is in full swing.
Are you planning to shop Memorial Day Sales? Make sure to check Raise first to stack your savings with a discount or cash back gift card!