Headquartered in Mountain View, California and in operation since 2006, 23andMe is dedicated to helping people understand the human genome by providing a direct-to-customer genetic testing service. By taking a saliva sample from customers, 23andMe uses laboratory analyis to provide customers with information about their ancestry and predispositions to various health-related issues.
23andMe does not specify a price-match guarantee.
23andMe offers refunds on entire orders or on parts of a multiple kit order subject to certan conditions:
- To receive a refund for an unused kit, customer must notify 23andMe of their request for a refund within 30 days of placing the order from 23andMe's online store or paying the lab fee directly to 23andMe.
- Customer must not have yet shipped their saliva sample to 23andMe's laboratory.
- Kits purchased at a conference or event are not refundable unless stated otherwise at the point-of-sale.
- Service upgrades and chip upgrades are non-refundable
- For VIP Health and Ancestry Service orders, both kits must be returned in order to obtain a full order refund. Single VIP kit purchase and refund are not available. Customer must also return the saliva collection kits with pre-paid shipping label affixed to the bottom of the box within 30 days of the date on which a refund was requested.
23andMe does not offer a loyalty progrm. Customers can create an account in order to track orders and view results.
23andMe has historically had sales on Mother's Day, Father's Day, and American Thanksgiving.
23andMe provides a discount to educators and students located within the United States who either teach or are enrolled at an accredited educational institution.
23andMe does not specify a trade-in policy for customers.
23andMe does not offer a credit card to customers at this time.