About Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble was founded in 1886 as Arthur Hinds & Company. It underwent a series of mergers and bankruptcies to become the largest national bookstore chain in the United States. Today, Barnes & Noble operates more than 600 retail stores across the country and is headquartered on Fifth Avenue in New York City. Shoppers know Barnes & Noble for its wide book selection and cafes. Raise offers the best Barnes & Noble coupons and promo codes found online, including free shipping.
Barnes & Noble does not offer price match requests. The retail chain works to keep pricing competitive instead..
Items purchased from Barnes&Noble.com may be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. All returned items must be in new condition with original packaging. Barnes & Noble customer service provides a shipping labels to make the online return easy, but customers are responsible for paying the return shipping costs.
Items purchased from Barnes & Noble in-store can be returned to any retail store location within 30 days of purchase for a full discount. The original receipt must be provided.
Any Barnes & Noble merchandise returned with a gift receipt can be returned for store credit or a Barnes & Noble gift card equal to the purchase price of the item.
The Barnes & Noble Membership program costs $25 per year. Members enjoy exclusive in-store discounts and promos, free shipping online with no minimum purchase, 40$ off hardcover bestsellers, 10% off almost everything else in store, and special email savings throughout the year.
Barnes & Noble holds many seasonal promotions with coupons and promo codes. The most notable seasonal sales include:
- Back to School
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Father’s Day and Mother's Day
- Winter Holiday and New Year
- Gifts for Graduates
- Summer Reading
Barnes & Noble coupons include Buy 1, Get 1 50% off and free shipping.
Many qualified discounts are available through Barnes & Noble:
- 15% in-store Barnes & Noble coupon for veterans, active duty military members, and their families on Veterans Day.
- Year-round 20% discount for teachers, guidance counselors, principals, and reading coaches through the Barnes & Noble Educator Program.
- Promotional student discounts
Barnes & Noble offers textbook trade-in program. College students can sell their textbooks back to Barnes & Noble and receive a percentage of the value of the book in return.
The Barnes & Noble Mastercard is available to qualified applicants. It offers the following benefits for cardholders:
- 5% back on all Barnes & Noble purchases
- 2x points at all restaurants
- 1x points on all other purchases where Mastercard is accepted
- 12 months of free Barnes & Noble Membership
- Receive a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card for joining